View or download the presentations of the Connecting Countries Symposium on this page.
AZV Aruba would like you to join decision makers from governments, insurance companies and hospitals in attending the “Connecting
Countries” Symposium focusing on the challenges and opportunities on buying health care abroad for a small population. The exciting and interesting program has been tailor-made to bridge the different points of view and cultures. Successful companies will be sharing their wisdom and experiences which will provide your company with a great opportunity to reflect on your own processes and experiences.
WHEN: NOVEMBER 24th and 25th, 2014
WHERE: ARUBA RENAISSANCE CONVENTION CENTER
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org | +297 527 9966
If you want you can register for the workshops online right now. You can also register at registration Monday morning the 24th at the Renaissance Convention Center. To see the workshop program click here.
Overview of the speakers and the themes to be addressed in our symposium.
- Dr. Alex Schwengle, Minister of Health, Elderly Care and Sport of Aruba, will talk about the value of engagement and the provision of health care for a small population.
- Drs. Anco Ringeling, CEO UO AZV, will talk about leadership and strategy concerning the transition between models.
- Drs. Lex de Jong, CMO UO AZV, will talk about the effect of increasing engagement as a method to improve financial outcomes, quality of care process and patient satisfaction.
- Dr. Victor Castillo, cardiologist, Director Fundación Cardiovascular de Colombia, Vice President Chamber of Commerce of Bucaramanga, will talk about sustainability of health care systems. Fundación Cardiovascular is the first JCI accredited institution in Colombia and is currently ranked number one hospital in Colombia and is ranked number four in Latin America.
- Dr. Teresa Tono, former advisor to the Ministry of Health in Colombia, Director to la Organisación para la Excelencia de la Salud, will talk about bridging the quality assessment challenges when dealing with services providers in different regions. OES is an organization that promotes and is a leader in the public health quality improvement in Colombia.
- Danny D.M. Moreano MD-MBI, Subdirector of Contracting Department Fundación Valle del Lili, will elaborate on the practical aspects in dealing with parties outside the Colombian health system. Fundación Valle del Lili is one of the top 10 hospitals in Latin America and has been voted number two in Colombia.
- Mr. Theo de Kool, Financial Director Horacio Oduber Hospital, will talk about the local initiatives and future developments in hospital care on the island of Aruba.
- Dr. Joel Rajnherc, trained pediatrician and Director of Instituto Medico San Nicolas, will discuss local initiatives by ImSan and future developments. ImSan is the 2nd largest medical institution on the island of Aruba.
- Prof. Dr. Ernst Kuipers, internal medicine and Chair of the Board of the Directors to Erasmus Academic Medical Center, will talk about the European perspective on providing care to people from abroad . EAMC in Rotterdam is one of the largest medical centers in the Netherlands.
- Dr. Stanley Lalta, keynote speaker, is a prominent Health Economist with over twenty years of research, consulting, teaching and direct public health experience in the Caribbean, will discuss future regional developments. His special interests are in the areas of health financing, health policy; national health accounts; economic evaluation and pharmaco economics. He completed his postgraduate and doctoral studies in Europe and is currently attached to the HEU / Centre for Health Economics at the University of West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago.
November 24 and November 25 AZV will host the first Symposium on Connecting Countries: healthcare transformed by the power of engagement, 2014 in Oranjestad, Aruba. The theme of the conference is “Addressing the regional Challenges in terms getting and buying healthcare for a small population and will focus on presenting the experiences of our different stakeholders when buying care outside of the island.
We are proud to offer a very exciting program which will gather together lecturers and decision-makers involved in financing and setting-up health care services addressing these particular needs. We will have key note presentations and breakout sessions from nationally and internationally renowned intuitions. The goal of the conference is to seek and share innovations, challenges and opportunities. Your organization may be interested to apply or participate in our model.